Cauliflower Corn Supreme Recipe
My great-aunt gave me the original recipe to be used as a side dish, but I changed it to work as a vegetarian main dish. We enjoy it often with salad and bread.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh cauliflower
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; set aside. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer the cauliflower and onion. Sprinkle with flour mixture.
- 2. Top with corn and red pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley; dot with butter. Combine milk and wine; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 165 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Corn Supreme
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2012
"It was too watery. Didn't care for the flavor"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC