- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced fresh cauliflower
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; set aside. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer the cauliflower and onion. Sprinkle with flour mixture.
- Top with corn and red pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley; dot with butter. Combine milk and wine; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cauliflower Corn Supreme
"Excellent! I used as a meatless entree as poster suggested. Hubby said don't lose this one. I used Italian seasoning instead of parsley and subbed in reduced fat cheddar for Swiss. I did not find this watery. This serves more like three when used as a main dish. Unfortunately, it does not have an exquisite pic and it warrants one."
"It was too watery. Didn't care for the flavor"