Cauliflower Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken in florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, curry powder and white pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, onion, broth and bouillon. Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes (do not boil). Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Cheddar Soup(9)
Sort By :
Delicious and easy to make!!
This was fantastic! I was trying to find something to cook with my left over cauliflower from a veggie tray and this was perfect. All other ingredients are staple items so I didn't need to buy anything special. My husband ate three helpings!!
Super, my whole family loved it. I used fenugreek instead of the curry, and it was still fantastic. Thank you for sharing.
Yum! I used Monterey Jack & Cheddar cheeses; Also used a mix of milk & broth which worked fine. So tasty!
I just made this soup. Delish!!! My kids loved it too!! Goes great with crusty bread! YUM!! A bit hit!!