- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken in florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, curry powder and white pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, onion, broth and bouillon. Cover and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and seasonings. Pour into cauliflower mixture. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes (do not boil). Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Sort By :
"I did not expect my result to be as delicious as it is. While I knew the recipe was fine, I was low on milk and did not expect it to turn out fabulously. I made one change: no curry. I was so amazed at how delicious this soup is. My husband is not home for dinner tonight and I wanted something easy and delicious to use my leftover cauliflower and this is a keeper. Thanks"
"Made the soup according to directions (except for I didn't have white pepper or nutmeg, so I used black pepper and cinnamon). Tasted great!!!!"
"very good & easy to put together - we added some carrots - this was perfect for a cold winter day!"
"Delicious and easy to make!!"
"This was fantastic! I was trying to find something to cook with my left over cauliflower from a veggie tray and this was perfect. All other ingredients are staple items so I didn't need to buy anything special. My husband ate three helpings!!"