Cauliflower Cheddar Bake Recipe
"NEBRASKA, where I grew up, is a farming state, and we always had lots of vegetables at our table. This recipe has got to be one of the easiest and best-tasting ways to serve cauliflower. I have to admit that cauliflower is not a favorite vegetable with a lot of people—especially children—and that's why the addition of cheddar cheese makes it a winner every time!"
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1. In a large saucepan, place 1 in. of salted water; add the cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, onion, 2 tablespoons butter and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Combine the bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 159 calories, 11 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC