Cauliflower Cheddar Bake Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, place 1 in. of salted water; add the cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Stir in the cheese, sour cream, onion, 2 tablespoons butter and salt. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Cheddar Bake(2)
Sort By :
I agree that cooked cauliflower is not the most appealing vegetable, but I really like this recipe. So do my kids and even some of my grandkids.
Subbed broccoli for the cauliflower. Used shredded Velveeta in place of cheddar. Very creamy and tasty. Next time I might make a main dish using these ingredients and adding diced chicken - maybe increasing the sour cream/cheese.