- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornflakes, peppers and salt; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Casserole
"Very Good. Left out the peppers because I didn't have them but will use them when I do.I liked the fact that you can prepare ahead and refrigerate till needed."
"used less pepper"
"I usually just make a cheesy white sauce to pour over steamed cauliflower, but I think this will be my new go-to recipe. I didn't add the peppers because my kids won't eat them, but it was still an incredibly tasty dish without them. I will definitely make again."
"Excellent! Was never a Cauliflower fan until we tried this recipe. Did not have Cornflakes, so used Italian breadcrumbs...mo problem. It's a keeper!"
"This was a real nice side dish. I had no cornflakes so I used panko breadcrumbs. I also added a little bit of garlic.I like the fact that its not loaded with a heavy sauce. I am going to try combining Cauliflower and Broccoli * I made it up ahead of time and simply reheated in the oven. Covered then uncovered for a few minutes during the final warm up time.Janie"