- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornflakes, peppers and salt; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Casserole
"Very Good. Left out the peppers because I didn't have them but will use them when I do.I liked the fact that you can prepare ahead and refrigerate till needed."
"used less pepper"
"I usually just make a cheesy white sauce to pour over steamed cauliflower, but I think this will be my new go-to recipe. I didn't add the peppers because my kids won't eat them, but it was still an incredibly tasty dish without them. I will definitely make again."
"Excellent! Was never a Cauliflower fan until we tried this recipe. Did not have Cornflakes, so used Italian breadcrumbs...mo problem. It's a keeper!"
"This was a real nice side dish. I had no cornflakes so I used panko breadcrumbs. I also added a little bit of garlic.I like the fact that its not loaded with a heavy sauce. I am going to try combining Cauliflower and Broccoli * I made it up ahead of time and simply reheated in the oven. Covered then uncovered for a few minutes during the final warm up time.Janie"
"I also used bread crumbs in place of cornflakes and half of the sour cream was replaced with Ranch dressing. My entire family loved this and the color combination is beautiful."
"Great recipe - even my teenager loved it! I used fresh bread crumbs instead of cornflakes (didn't have cornflakes) and it was perfect. I'll definitely make this one again!"
"Who asks for a cauliflower recipe? I actually did because this one was worth asking for. I got this recipe from my friend Laura and now I can actually say that my kids love cauliflower!"
"This recipes looks great as is, but being me...I felt this recipe needed a little seasoning. I changed the sour cream to Ranch Dip to give it more flavor. It turned out Great!"