Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
To dress up cauliflower, Mom used a delightful mixture of a cheesy sauce, bright red and green pepper pieces and crushed cornflakes. We enjoyed this casserole so much that leftovers were rare. -Linda McGinty, Parma, Ohio
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cornflakes, peppers and salt; transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC