Cauliflower Casserole with Ham
When making this casserole for company, I sometimes replace ordinary ham with prosciutto, an Italian-style ham found in larger grocery stores.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 ounces fully cooked ham, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the ham and garlic in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Combine the flour
- and cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese
- and parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 220 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.