When making this casserole for company, I sometimes replace ordinary ham with prosciutto, an Italian-style ham found in larger grocery stores.
- 4 ounces fully cooked ham, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the ham and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Combine the flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p58
Reviews for Cauliflower Casserole with Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review