Meet the Cook: This salad has been to as many family gatherings as I have! It holds well...and leftovers are still tasty a day later. When I'm not trying out new recipes, I enjoy crafts and being an at-home mom to our nine children, ages 5 months to 17 years. -Linda Kangas, Outlook, Saskatchewan
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Leaf lettuce
- Additional red grapes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, grapes, onions and mozzarella cheese. Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sugar and vinegar; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Transfer to a lettuce-lined bowl. Garnish with grapes if desired. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cauliflower Salad in Country Woman July/August 1999, p31
Reviews for Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review