- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Leaf lettuce
- Additional red grapes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, grapes, onions and mozzarella cheese. Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sugar and vinegar; pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon. Transfer to a lettuce-lined bowl. Garnish with grapes if desired. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
"I was leery making this salad because of the ingredients. I was pleasantly surprised on how great it was! The grapes give it a nice little burst of flavor in every bite. I had no leftovers. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious, Delicious salad indeed. Plan on taking to a family picnic this summer. Although I think the dressing needs a **little work** to be perfect, it's still very, very good!"
"I love this recipe, although I made a few changes. First, I don't use lettuce- just the broccoli and cauliflower. Also, instead of bacon I use salami (either chunks or ribbons I slice from the deli). It's delicious! My husband HATES broccoli, and even he loves this salad."
"Made this for Thanksgiving. Although the ingredients for the salad was good. The dressing was a big dissappoint! Bland only added moisture to the salad. I don't understand how it got a award??? Now will question that. Will probably make it again,but put a tasty dressing on it,which changes the recipe entirely. We had a party of 10 and this alone was left on plates. Sorry for the bad review,but i feel that we need to be honest. so someone else don't spend the money on ingredient's as they are expensive!TOH please screen these recipes and don't post thing's that aren't good. And there are to many recipes that come from the back of the pkg. on here to"
"Loved it!! Even family that usually don't like this kind of salad... loved it!!!"
"It was popular at the picnic I took it to!"
"I have made this recipe three times in the last two months. My husband and I love it!L.Walker"