Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 3/4 cup small cauliflowerets
- 3/4 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup halved thinly sliced carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrot in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in 1-1/4 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving: 1 cup (prepared with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, fat-free milk and reduced-fat processed cheese) equals 208 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.