- 3/4 cup small cauliflowerets
- 3/4 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup halved thinly sliced carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrot in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in 1-1/4 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup
"Very good and creamy! I topped mine with some shredded cheddar cheese. It would also be good with some diced ham or mushrooms. I like the fact that it makes a small amount but could be easily doubled."
"I doubled the recipe and added extra shredded cheese. It was scrumptious! I would surely make it again. I couldn't get my husband to try it for he doesn't like cream soups! It was yummy! I had two bowls to make up for my husband having none!"
"Very easy to make"
"Works well with frozen spinach in place of Broccoli"