- 3/4 cup small cauliflowerets
- 3/4 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup halved thinly sliced carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrot in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in 1-1/4 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup
Sort By :
"Very good and creamy! I topped mine with some shredded cheddar cheese. It would also be good with some diced ham or mushrooms. I like the fact that it makes a small amount but could be easily doubled."
"I doubled the recipe and added extra shredded cheese. It was scrumptious! I would surely make it again. I couldn't get my husband to try it for he doesn't like cream soups! It was yummy! I had two bowls to make up for my husband having none!"
"Very easy to make"
"Works well with frozen spinach in place of Broccoli"
"This soup is better by adding sliced mushrooms and leftover diced chicken. Serve with Bisquick cornbread for a really good weekend meal."