Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
"Even my husband, who's never been a fan of broccoli, likes this creamy soup," relates Betty Corliss of Stratton, Colorado. "It's a great way to use vegetables from our garden."
- 3/4 cup small cauliflowerets
- 3/4 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup halved thinly sliced carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrot in butter for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in 1-1/4 cups milk, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p29
Reviews for Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2011
Very easy to make
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
Works well with frozen spinach in place of Broccoli
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2009
This soup is better by adding sliced mushrooms and leftover diced chicken. Serve with Bisquick cornbread for a really good weekend meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Broccoli Cheese Soup >
- Broccoli Soup >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cauliflower Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >