Cauliflower Beef Quiche Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflowerets, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Dash each paprika and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. On a floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 10-in. pie plate. Line pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove foil. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust. In a skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Spoon half of the meat mixture into the crust; top with cauliflower and the remaining meat mixture and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter, paprika and pepper. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Cover edges with foil. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 383 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Cauliflower Beef Quiche
"This quiche was enjoyed by all at a church potluck this past weekend. The preparation was easy and shorter baking time proved to be most efficient."
"I decreased to about 50-75% all the ingredients for my 9" pie pan and it still overflowed about a 1/2 cup of egg mixture onto the cookie pan I thankfully put underneath it. Took 60 minutes, not 30-40, to bake. Bland and almost tasteless; needed salt and flavorings like sage. Definately will not be making this again; only benefit is that the cauliflower tasted good with cheese."