Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and ham for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine flour and cream; stir into skillet and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Place under a preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 346 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Cauliflower Au Gratin
"I make this for special holidays. It's something my family looks forward to."
"This was awesome! I used bacon instead of ham because we were having ham with dinner but it was still SOOO good!!!"