Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add ham and garlic; saute for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine cream and flour; stir into skillet, and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 351 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Au Gratin
"I make this for special holidays. It's something my family looks forward to."
"This was awesome! I used bacon instead of ham because we were having ham with dinner but it was still SOOO good!!!"