Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
This dish will make a vegetable lover out of anyone. Whenever I serve it, everyone just raves about it and asks for the recipe. Sometimes I'll substitute broccoli for all or half of the cauliflower, and it tastes just as good!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and ham for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine flour and cream; stir into skillet and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Place under a preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 346 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC