Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
This dish will make a vegetable lover out of anyone. Whenever I serve it, everyone just raves about it and asks for the recipe. Sometimes I'll substitute broccoli for all or half of the cauliflower, and it tastes just as good!
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and ham for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine flour and cream; stir into skillet and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Place under a preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 346 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower Au Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC