- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (4 to 6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and ham for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp-tender. Combine flour and cream; stir into skillet and blend well. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Place under a preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Au Gratin in Country February/March 1993, p51
Reviews for Cauliflower Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2011
"I make this for special holidays. It's something my family looks forward to."
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2009
"This was awesome! I used bacon instead of ham because we were having ham with dinner but it was still SOOO good!!!"