Cauliflower and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
This recipe is versatile because it makes a fine complement to a main meal, or it can be a meal in itself.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir to coat well. Gradually add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in wild rice, cauliflower and cream until well blended. Cook gently until heated through; do not boil. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC