Cauliflower and Ham Chowder Recipe
For a great, quick meals for those cool fall and winter days, try this easy soup. The cauliflower and ham compliment each other well and you will always want a second helping.—Patty Woytassek, Havana, North Dakota
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower and celery in broth for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Do not drain. Stir in the soup, cream and pepper.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 163 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,011 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cauliflower and Ham Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC