- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower and celery in broth for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Do not drain. Stir in the soup, cream and pepper.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cauliflower and Ham Chowder
Sort By :
I really liked this recipe, I thought at first it was on the bland side, but I just went ahead and added another can of potato soup and added one tablespoon of butter. In doing so I did not have to add the cornstarch mixture. Great for a chilly winter night.
I made this with leftover Easter ham. I had to double it for my large family, but I loved the flavor! So good we may have to triple it just so we can have leftovers!
Although this chowder was easy and tasted good I was a bit disappointed after reading such rave reviews IMO it's a little bland.
I've made this recipe for years. I've had to increase the amounts so there is enough for my family because they all love it (my 5 year old daughter's favorite). I now add broccoli and use milk instead of cream/evap milk and it is still great.
This recipe is absolutely terrific. I love cauliflower and ham together. Will keep this recipe handy for special occassions.