Cauliflower, garbanzo beans and tofu are subtle on their own, but together they make an awesome curry. We have this recipe weekly because one of us is always craving it. Find more of our healthy recipes at TheVeganRoad.com. —Patrick McGilvray, Cincinnati, Ohio
Featured In: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes, tofu and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans, coconut milk and peas; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened and cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower & Tofu Curry in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cauliflower & Tofu Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review