- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes, tofu and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans, coconut milk and peas; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened and cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower & Tofu Curry in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cauliflower & Tofu Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review