Even if you aren’t crazy about cauliflower, you’ll like this comforting, thick and chunky soup, suggests Carla Garloff from Burney, California. “My two daughters always did…and my husband and I love it. I found the recipe years ago and it’s great for leftover ham.“
- 2 cups sliced fresh cauliflower
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower in broth for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, cream and pepper. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with onion. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cauliflower Ham Chowder in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p63
Reviews for Cauliflower & Ham Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review