This witch's cauldron doesn't hold a spooky brew--just a Halloween snack that's frightfully fun! Our Test Kitchen formed a pot by toasting a slice of rye bread, then filled it with a creamy dip that's perfect with the pretzel "logs" and sweet pepper "flames" that are placed underneath.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 each medium sweet red, yellow and orange pepper, julienned
- 10 pretzel rods, broken in half
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate at
- least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with pepper strips and
- pretzels. Yield: 1 cup.