Cauldron Cheese Ball
Red and yellow pepper strips make the perfect “fire” for this easily constructed cauldron. Be sure to take a picture before the whole thing gets gobbled up!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 slice process American cheese
- 3/4 cup crushed blue tortilla chips
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, carrot sticks, pretzel rods and additional tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, taco
- seasoning and 2/3 cup onions. Shape into a cauldron; wrap in plastic
- wrap. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut face shapes out of American cheese as
- desired; press onto cauldron. Press crushed chips onto cauldron to
- coat. Place remaining onions on top.
- Garnish with pepper strips, carrot sticks and pretzels. Serve with
- additional tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without garnishes and additional tortilla chips) equals 112 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.