Red and yellow pepper strips make the perfect “fire” for this easily constructed cauldron. Be sure to take a picture before the whole thing gets gobbled up!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 slice process American cheese
- 3/4 cup crushed blue tortilla chips
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, carrot sticks, pretzel rods and additional tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, taco seasoning and 2/3 cup onions. Shape into a cauldron; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut face shapes out of American cheese as desired; press onto cauldron. Press crushed chips onto cauldron to coat. Place remaining onions on top.
- Garnish with pepper strips, carrot sticks and pretzels. Serve with additional tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Cauldron Cheese Ball in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p14
Reviews for Cauldron Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2014
"Standard spicy cheese ball. Easy to make even with the decorating. It makes a gigantic amount though, be warned!"