Cattleman's Spread Recipe
Fit for a dairy farmer's birthday, this hearty appetizer was perfect for our theme dinner. The spread is "beefed up" with dairy products, and pecans give it a pleasant crunch. —Carol Troyer, Pryor, Oklahoma and Teresa Stutzman, Adair, Oklahoma
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) dried beef, chopped
- 4 teaspoons diced onion
- Crackers and breadsticks
- 1. In a skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and garlic powder; mix well. Stir in beef and onion. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with the pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers and breadsticks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 86 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cattleman's Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC