Fit for a dairy farmer's birthday, this hearty appetizer was perfect for our theme dinner. The spread is "beefed up" with dairy products, and pecans give it a pleasant crunch.
Carol Troyer, Pryor, Oklahoma and Teresa Stutzman, Adair, Oklahoma
28 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) dried beef, chopped
- 4 teaspoons diced onion
- Crackers and breadsticks
- In a skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden; set aside. In a
- bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and garlic
- powder; mix well. Stir in beef and onion. Spread into a greased
- 8-in. square baking dish. Top with the pecans. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers
- and breadsticks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 86 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.