Fit for a dairy farmer's birthday, this hearty appetizer was perfect for our theme dinner. The spread is "beefed up" with dairy products, and pecans give it a pleasant crunch. —Carol Troyer, Pryor, Oklahoma and Teresa Stutzman, Adair, Oklahoma
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) dried beef, chopped
- 4 teaspoons diced onion
- Crackers and breadsticks
- In a skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and garlic powder; mix well. Stir in beef and onion. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with the pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers and breadsticks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cattleman's Spread in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p37
Reviews for Cattleman's Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2011
"this is so good. made it many times, always gone before I can take any home."