Fit for a dairy farmer's birthday, this hearty appetizer was perfect for our theme dinner. The spread is "beefed up" with dairy products, and pecans give it a pleasant crunch. —Carol Troyer, Pryor, Oklahoma and Teresa Stutzman, Adair, Oklahoma
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) dried beef, chopped
- 4 teaspoons diced onion
- Crackers and breadsticks
- In a skillet, saute pecans in butter until golden; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and garlic powder; mix well. Stir in beef and onion. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with the pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers and breadsticks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cattleman's Spread in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p37
Reviews for Cattleman's Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2016
"Very good, even better the next day!"
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2011
"this is so good. made it many times, always gone before I can take any home."