Cathedral Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir a small amount into the egg, then return all to pan. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl; let cool for 15 minutes. Gently stir in marshmallows and nuts. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, shape dough into a 1-1/2-in.-diameter log. Place coconut on another sheet of waxed paper. Gently roll log over coconut to coat sides. Wrap up tightly, twisting ends to seal.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove waxed paper. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cathedral Cookies(10)
Sort By :
These cookies were really easy to make, taste really good, and will look great on my Christmas cookie tray when I make a second batch of them - I brought the first batch to a friend's holiday party last week and everyone loved them!
my mother used to make these when I was growing up now that I have the recipe I will be able to make them for myself. these were always the first one I ate.
I wish Taste of Home would let me revise my previous rating! After letting these mellow for two days, they turned out to be something we really enjoyed. I would now rate these as FOUR STARS. **** It has since become a regular part of my Christmas Cookie Platter.
I also would like to correct a typo in my original review (dated 12/14/2009):
*I relied on my own experience and melted the CHOCOLATE CHIPS gently in the microwave, then added shortening instead of butter.
This is my recipe for Cathedral Cookies. They come out great every time and everyone requests them
1/2 cup margarine
12 oz. bag of chocolate chips semi sweet
1 bag small mini colored marshmallows
1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Melt chocolate chips and margarine over low heat, fold in nuts and cool.
Add in marshmallows. Roll in wax paper into a log shape. Chill and slice. Makes 5-6 dz.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- No Bake Cookies >