Children love the colorful marshmallows in these festive confections, which look like stained glass when they're sliced. They practically light up the room from the serving platter at our holiday parties.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir a small amount into the egg, then return all to pan. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl; let cool for 15 minutes. Gently stir in marshmallows and nuts. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, shape dough into a 1-1/2-in.-diameter log. Place coconut on another sheet of waxed paper. Gently roll log over coconut to coat sides. Wrap up tightly, twisting ends to seal.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Remove waxed paper. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cathedral Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p31
Reviews for Cathedral Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review