Catfish with Spiced Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Rub both sides of fillets with oil. Combine the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside 1/2 teaspoon. Add salt to remaining spice mixture; rub over both sides of fillets.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the tropical fruit, apple juice, vinegar and reserved spice mixture. Bring to a boil; stir in spreadable fruit. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the fruit salsa; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Catfish with Spiced Fruit Salsa
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.