- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Rub both sides of fillets with oil. Combine the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside 1/2 teaspoon. Add salt to remaining spice mixture; rub over both sides of fillets.
- In a saucepan, combine the tropical fruit, apple juice, vinegar and reserved spice mixture. Bring to a boil; stir in spreadable fruit. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with the fruit salsa; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Spiced Fruit Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p31
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Catfish with Spiced Fruit Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review