Catfish with Shrimp Salsa Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Cajun or blackened seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or blackened seasoning
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, cumin and coriander; rub over catfish fillets. In a large skillet, fry fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery, jalapeno and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the corn, tomatoes and shrimp; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until corn is tender. Stir in Cajun seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Serve with catfish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.