From Arlington, Virginia, Heather Sapp writes, “Friends and family will love the delicate balance between spicy and sweet in this entree. Serve it with red beans and rice to complete the Cajun theme.”
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle catfish with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, vinegar, seafood sauce, soy sauce, horseradish and garlic. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and cornmeal. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Savory Strawberry Sauce in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Catfish with Savory Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review