- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seafood cocktail sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle catfish with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, vinegar, seafood sauce, soy sauce, horseradish and garlic. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and cornmeal. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Savory Strawberry Sauce in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Catfish with Savory Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
Delicious and simple. I altered the ratio quite a bit in the sauce to make it a little more on the sweet side.