Catfish with Parsley Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a food processor or blender, process parsley until coarsely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients; process until smooth. Refrigerate.
- 2. Combine the flour, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl. Dredge each fillet; shake off excess. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons each of oil and butter. Fry fillets for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fillets; add remaining oil and butter if necessary.
- 3. Divide the sauce and spread evenly on the cooked side of each fillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 491 calories, 41 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Catfish with Parsley Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.