Catfish is abundant here in Mississippi and a staple on most menus. I was pleased when I first came across this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.—Lee Bailey, Belzoni, Mississippi
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a food processor or blender, process parsley until coarsely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients; process until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Combine the flour, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl. Dredge each fillet; shake off excess. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons each of oil and butter. Fry fillets for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fillets; add remaining oil and butter if necessary.
- Divide the sauce and spread evenly on the cooked side of each fillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Parsley Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p41
Reviews forCatfish with Parsley Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
"Wonderful, wonderful recipe. My husband loves fish dishes. I'm always trying new things to make his meals better. He loves this dish."