- 2 cups tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a food processor or blender, process parsley until coarsely chopped. Add remaining sauce ingredients; process until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Combine the flour, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl. Dredge each fillet; shake off excess. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoons each of oil and butter. Fry fillets for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fillets; add remaining oil and butter if necessary.
- Divide the sauce and spread evenly on the cooked side of each fillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Parsley Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Catfish with Parsley Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2011
Wonderful, wonderful recipe. My husband loves fish dishes. I'm always trying new things to make his meals better. He loves this dish.