Catfish with Lemon/Butter Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- Additional parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add broth or wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add catfish, simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Butter sauce will be thin.) Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon and parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 379 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Catfish with Lemon/Butter Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.