I created this recipe for a catfish cooking contest by modifying a recipe for shrimp and spaghetti, which I also developed. —Rita Futral, Ocean Spring, Mississippi
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add broth or wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add catfish, simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Butter sauce will be thin.) Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon and parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Lemon/Butter Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Catfish with Lemon/Butter Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review