- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add broth or wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add catfish, simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Butter sauce will be thin.) Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon and parsley if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Catfish with Lemon/Butter Sauce
Sort By :
"I was a bit nervous trying this recipe as I haven't had success with many fish dishes in the past. I was very much surprised with how tasty this dish is; felt like I was at Red Lobster! I used frozen tilapia filets that I had on hand instead of the catfish. A "keeper"."