Catfish with Brown Butter-Pecan Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, cayenne and pepper. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add pecans and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon peel and juice. Serve with fish and lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish with Brown Butter-Pecan Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p92
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Catfish with Brown Butter-Pecan Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review