Catfish Soup Recipe
"My soup makes a very appetizing meal for two," writes Ruby Williams from Bogalusa, Louisiana. "I don't care for leftovers, and this recipe makes just enough. It's a hit at my house!"
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped, seeded and peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 strip orange peel (about 2 inches x 1 inch)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 catfish fillet or firm whitefish of your choice (about 1/2 pound), cubed
- 1. In a saucepan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes (some onion pieces will be lightly browned). Stir in the tomatoes, water, bay leaves, orange peel, parsley, salt, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in catfish; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is tender. Discard bay leaves and orange peel. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Catfish Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC