Catfish Po'boys Recipe
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar until smooth. Add coleslaw mix; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne. Place the milk in a shallow bowl. In a shallow bowl, toss the catfish with milk. Place in bag, a few pieces at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, cook catfish over medium heat in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and coating is golden brown. Spoon coleslaw onto rolls; top with catfish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 364 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,001 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.