- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar until smooth. Add coleslaw mix; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne. Place the milk in a shallow bowl. In a shallow bowl, toss the catfish with milk. Place in bag, a few pieces at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook catfish over medium heat in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and coating is golden brown. Spoon coleslaw onto rolls; top with catfish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Catfish Po'boys
Sort By :
"Perfect and not that high in calories!"
"I followed the recipe exactly and it came out perfect. Will definitely make again."
"delicious! I could not find catfish at my local grocery store so I used sunfish instead and adjusted the cookin time accordingly"
"I love love loved the sauce the slaw was made of. I also liked the heat in the catfish breading. The catfish crisped up very nicely and had a wonderful color upon cooking. My husband even liked these and he's not a catfish fan."
"Excellent recipe! The broccoli slaw on it calms the hot flavors of the cayenne pepper and Cajun seasoning and really adds to it. Plus the kaiser rolls make this a hearty and delicious sandwich. Cutting the fillets into 2 1/2 inches gives more flavoring, but makes it a little more difficult to eat. My husband and I both enjoy this recipe."