Catfish Parmesan Recipe
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper, dried oregano and basil
- 6 fresh or frozen catfish fillets (3 to 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasonings. Dip catfish in butter, then in crumb mixture. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Catfish Parmesan
"my husband loved the flavor but didn't like the lack of crunch so next time I am putting them on the stovetop in a nonstick pan and hoping for the best. I thought the butter & parmesan would crunch up but it didn't in my oven. any ideas?"
"My husband and daughter liked it and would eat it again"
"my husband and I love catfish, this is a great recipe."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.