Mississippi is the nation's largest producer of farm-raised catfish. My family loves this dish, and asks for it often. One reason I like it is it's so simple to prepare.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper, dried oregano and basil
- 6 fresh or frozen catfish fillets (3 to 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley
- and seasonings. Dip catfish in butter, then in crumb mixture.
- Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.