Catfish Jambalaya Recipe
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cubed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt; bring to a boil. Add catfish.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with hot rice and garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice and green onions; prepared with non-stick cooking spray instead of butter or margarine and without salt) equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Catfish Jambalaya
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.