Catfish in Ginger Sauce Recipe
"Whenever I want to serve fish in a flash, I turn to this recipe," reports Mary Dixson, Decatur, Alabama. "The fillets always turn out moist, tender and tasty. For even more flavor, spoon extra sauce over the fish before serving."
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the onions, oil and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 2. In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne. Stir into onion mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil.
- 3. Place catfish in a microwave-safe 3-qt. dish; pour sauce over the fish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 274 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Catfish in Ginger Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC