Catfish in Ginger Sauce Recipe
"Whenever I want to serve fish in a flash, I turn to this recipe," reports Mary Dixson, Decatur, Alabama. "The fillets always turn out moist, tender and tasty. For even more flavor, spoon extra sauce over the fish before serving."
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the onions, oil and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne. Stir into onion mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Place catfish in a microwave-safe 3-qt. dish; pour sauce over the fish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish in Ginger Sauce in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Catfish in Ginger Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Fish Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >