Catfish Creole Recipe
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon each white, black and cayenne pepper
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 pound catfish or orange roughy fillets
- Hot cooked rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomato paste and seasonings. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tomato.
- 2. Arrange fillets in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve over rice; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Catfish Creole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.