- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon each white, black and cayenne pepper
- Dash paprika
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 pound catfish or orange roughy fillets
- Hot cooked rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomato paste and seasonings. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in tomato.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve over rice; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish Creole in Country February/March 2003, p51
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Catfish Creole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review